Rudder tiller Project 

It is ready! the rudder worked perfectly but it didn’t look so good and I thought that I had extra time on my hands so I made it better.​

img_4020-1img_4021-1img_4024-1img_4965-1img_4084-1

Above you’ll see the starting point. It looked worn out but it was healthy teak underneath the surface.

img_4099-1

After the sanding it looked good. I didn’t like the black aluminium autopilot thing so I made a new one from teak.

 

img_4876-1

I joined the autopilot thing with long sturdy screws and epoxy. I will not brake.

img_4883img_4886img_4885img_4905

 

More layers of varnish and some sanding between the layers.

 

img_4962img_4973

After eight layers of varnish I am starting to feel satisfied. The varnish I used was Epifanes.

img_5015img_5016img_5020img_5018

And here is the end result! Tadaa!

img_5031