It is ready! the rudder worked perfectly but it didn’t look so good and I thought that I had extra time on my hands so I made it better.
Above you’ll see the starting point. It looked worn out but it was healthy teak underneath the surface.
After the sanding it looked good. I didn’t like the black aluminium autopilot thing so I made a new one from teak.
I joined the autopilot thing with long sturdy screws and epoxy. I will not brake.
More layers of varnish and some sanding between the layers.
After eight layers of varnish I am starting to feel satisfied. The varnish I used was Epifanes.
And here is the end result! Tadaa!